Thursday, July 31, 2008

A special evening...


I wanted to quickly tell you about my evening on wednesday. My gorgeous friend Jeanette and I trotted off to a new products launch at Domayne furniture. With champagne, canapes and a talk from Belle magazines editor Cerentha Harris and editor-in-chief Neale Whitaker, I was excited!

I was even more excited when they spoke about the latest design trends from the Milan furniture fair. 1940's Hollywood glamour is the look of the season. Black leather, gold, tuft, organic and lots of bling. Fabulous! Just my style :)

My excitement however soon turned to total embarrassment when my friend jumped up after the talk and thrust me into an unexpected conversation with Mr Whitaker. I was literally shaking with nerves, I felt so inadequate, inarticulate and uneducated. We spoke about the power of design blogs, my love of tufted furniture and my studies. I remember him asking me who my tutor is and I completely forgot his name (which I know well!)lol. Sorry Simon lol. Looks like I'm going to have to deal with a little anxiety issue.
Anyway the evening was very informative and I overall had a great time. Thank you Jeanette for the invitation. We absolutely have to do more of these kinds of things :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...